Let's talk about what's Moving and Grooving you today! [2023-08]

But we all know it’s worth the drop! :money_mouth_face:

IMG_0730

2 Likes

We all warned you!

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-638291145750404160

Clive Nolan was playing in Ayreon, Dragonforce, his own projects. Always quite symphonic.

3 Likes

Just bear in-mind that you won’t be able to extract the DSD layer of an SACD via SPDIF/TOSLINK and stream it from your player to your Mojo 2.

That might save you a few quid!? :wink:

2 Likes

6 Likes

Coincidence….my copy was delivered (courtesy of the river) about 3 hours ago…

1 Like

Found a near mint copy!

8 Likes

6 Likes

This may be of interest…

2 Likes

Making a start on this box set before company arrives :grin:

8 Likes

Good decision and good price
Does that model allow ripping of SACD :thinking::face_with_peeking_eye: (RABBIT HOLES)

2 Likes

Not while we have breath in our bodies and some money in the bank :grin:

1 Like

Glad you have stuck with my description of this table. It really is.

1 Like

Having looked at what’s available on SACD I’m glad I missed that boat and have no inclination to ever join it. Even looking at Mofis new releases it’s mainly just the old stuff I have zero interest in.

1 Like

Why pay when you can use extension managers entry points for nothing and it does exactly the same thing. I really don’t agree with the monetisation of the Roo stuff when many are available for nothing elsewhere and 350 for the box is taking the ****

1 Like

SACD was relevant twenty-years ago, and it remains very relevant for collectors like me who have been collecting for a decade or more.

But for the mainstream-audience, it’s nothing more than a niche dead-end.

3 Likes

I’m not mainstream but it has no music I want at all.

1 Like

Everyone to their own taste.
I currently own less than 40 SACDS and I already own everyone of them on CD or Vinyl (or both) but for albums we :heart: it’s nice to have multiple versions and some of the 5.1 is pretty good.

A lot of the music I want on SACD is just not very affordable so I will wait patiently for some Depeche Mode and the like to be available

2 Likes

I don’t get 5.1 for music. What gigs have you been in the centre surrounded by the band? It’s just not how music should be to me.

2 Likes