Let's Talk about what's Moving and Grooving you today! [2024-03]

It’s horrendous outside weather wise, thankfully wfh today, so slower start to the day. Have time to listen to Faye Websters new album.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Something for the Metalheads

New today from Firewind

2 Likes

This really is one of The Corals best.

5 Likes

A bit of the excellent Bobbie Gentry with her outstanding debut,Ode To Billie Joe .
This is such a mature album from someone so new to the business.
Its such a good listen.
Highly recommended

5 Likes

her first recordings…

5 Likes

4 Likes

I bought the Capitol Boxset last year of her work. Fantasitc stuff.

1 Like

Yes it is.The album with Glenn Campbell is especially good. As you would expect when glenn is involved.

2 Likes

I’m rather enjoying this new release (I have 2 days left of a 1 month Qobuz sub before returning to local-only). Lively punkish sound and produced by John Congleton - one of my favourite producers

RoonShareImage-638448853647488000

3 Likes

Don’t I just know it. I’m working outside today. Had to rig up a shelter. Cold, wet and windy. :pensive:

1 Like

Today I’m qualifying for the golden telephone. Between the calls I listen REM.

RoonShareImage-638396188962344950

Specially the one song, “Everbody Hurts”, I really love.

A very nice album, but:

The album is 192/24. Unfortunately above 22 KHz there is only empty space and some distortions.

In some places there is something above 22 KHz, but it is so quiet, it is impossible to hear it. Beside the fact I don’t hear these high frequencies.

But even my bats tell me, there is nothing. They only complain about the distortions at 29 KHz and 57 KHz. It severely impacts their hunting.

Another example of what’s the point of getting high res.

13 Likes

4 Likes

Time for some glen campbell. What a man, what an artist. Surely one of the finest guitarists of all time. Not far behind Jimi
I have put the live in Dublin DVD on roon. He does an awesome version of milk cow blues.
I remember an interview he did around 2012 when he said he cant remember the words but he doesnt need to remember words to play guitar.
Theres some videos of his gigs on youtube where hes absolutely rampant as he improvises away. Stunning.
Watch in awe
Playing live in Dublin now.
Theres a video on youtube where hes playing with some of the all time greats such as Willie Nelson.
Halfway thru Gentle on my mind he says “ill play one” Man he goes off on one.
The look of respect and awe from his peers is priceless. Willie just nods as he realises he in the presence of true greatmess.

2 Likes

Its on my list to listen to from todays new releases.

1 Like

Christmas and birthday came at once. My binge on Cherry Red Boxsets arrived. One on back order to arrive April.

I’ll be ripping for a while.

8 Likes

A fine selection indeed. Happy ripping!

1 Like

This album seems to have improved with age. It was slammed when it was released because it didn’t sound like R.E.M. should sound. It’s going down well today.

RoonShareImage-638448882668643040

13 Likes

not only for our scottich friends…

10 Likes

Whilst working and ripping. This is on.

RoonShareImage-638448886042422080

6 Likes