Let's talk (show) guitars and gear

Stunning collection Axel!
Thank you for sharing!
:+1:

1935 National Steel “Duolian” – 1971 Martin D-35

8 Likes

Thats awesome!.. I’ve been wanting a Nixie tube clock for ages.

1 Like

That is so cool.

1 Like

Thanks Kevin, glad you like them. Not shown is a Fender Stratacoustic which is boxed up in the spare room.

1 Like

This is my main player. I got it in about 1974 from my roommate in college, who bought it used in 1972, from Gruhn Guitars in Nashville, before they got so big and fancy. It’s a 1959 model, stamped “Made in Kalamazoo,” so early Gibson after they bought Epiphone, or very late Epiphone. I tore it up living and travelling in Central America 1977-1979, and then Gruhn fixed it up for me.

10 Likes

Very nice!
Fantastic guitar and even better story to it!

A very nice Martin picture sent to me by a fellow member

@Samuel_Sassoon

3 Likes

Total NON player speaking

What makes me think this thread will beat the Coffee & Tea one in time ??

2 Likes

my little corner upstairs

12 Likes

Woah!
Very nice indeed!
Thank you for sharing.
:innocent:

Here are mine … but there’s also a Strat knocking about the house somewhere.

6 Likes

I took up the guitar on my 50th birthday, never very good at it but throughly enjoyable. Over the years I ended up with around 50 guitars and my obsession was with early Japanese made guitars which are of incredible quality. I then branched out into modifying and repairing my own guitars. It was a hobby like my hifi and photography and helped release the stresses of everyday life. When I turned 70 I released that there were many guitars in my collection that hadn’t been played for many years so I have since embarked on selling a lot of them. I’m now down to a core of about 20 guitars but find that I’m not playing very much at all now but I will keep my existing collection. Lately I’ve been buying dacs and headphones to find my perfect digital system. It’s an absorbing hobby.

6 Likes

Like you can just forget where you left your Strat…lol
:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I am in love with the early and varied Japanese guitars myself, working on increasing my collection and just acquired a Tokai, Hondo, Yamaha and another Aria.

Photos to follow!

Its addictive!

Man you have problems :joy:

Vinyl takes up far less space and is certainly less noticeable than a guitar hanging on the wall :thinking:

1 Like

True, but guitars are much prettier than albums (IMO) :wink:

3 Likes

Yes I was looking to blacklist this thread to save myself money :wink:

1 Like

Too late. Have avoided buying a PRS to ‘complete the collection’ for many years but that picture of a whole wall of them could just push me over the edge. Will take photos of my small collection shortly.

2 Likes

My daughter also has a pair of PRS with her in Hawaii.
I know one is a Mark Tremonte special.