Library size - got it WRONG?

Oh dear.

I said sorry for answering the wrong person (as it turned out).

I’m glad you’ve got that off your chest.

Have a nice day.

the point I clearly failed to make is that Roon has no issues dealing with massive libraries - if performance isn’t what one would expect then considering whether your WiFi infrastructure and LAN configuration are fit for purpose is one that should not be overlooked.

I posted this question, I think, more than a year ago.

I was very happy with the answers I received. Such nice people giving such good information.

You didn’t fail to make your point at all. It just has, as far as I know, nothing to do with my question. You don’t need to say it for, is it?, for a fourth time.

My question was actually wrong, at least based on false information. I’d fallen on the wrong info and I’d misunderstood what Roon was counting.

Roon could handle 200k ish files/tracks. But, I would suggest 16GB of RAM. Here, I think Roon really underspec the RAM in Nucleus Plus. They should spec Nucleus Plus with 16GB and Nucleus with and 8GB if they want to segmentize the products.

Yep - not sure why this post has raised its head again - but I agree that it really needs more than 8gb to run well.

Too am running into apparent ibrary limits. I have about 213k files, and when I add additional albums, most typically adding tidal albums to my Roon library it will then procee to delete those added albums. It won’t go above 14413 albums. Be changed ops Sherin as core with no change. Any suggestions.?

AFAIK, Tidal has a limit of 10,000 albums per user account, so if you go above that limit, Tidal will delete albums to bring the total within the limit again.

1 Like