Lifetime price increase, $499 -> $699

What was the black Friday and cyber monday price.

Will this ever be 499? Christmas new years etc

$699

Unlikely. Most likely outcome is that lifetime memberships will not be offered at all.

As far as I know, the Black Friday sales only applied to the Nucleus devices with minor cosmetic defects and boxes that had been opened. They were sold at 20% off of retail prices.

1 Like

I’ve recently read a good piece on Black Friday pricing from a former co-worker and friend of mine that I found very refreshing.

1 Like

I think the last time they had a Black Friday sale was back in 2015.

I was caught off guard with the price increase. I bought a year subscription to see how things worked and if I liked the software. Only after 3 months I went to buy a lifetime subscription and saw it went up to 700.00. I think that is steep. it will basically take me 6.5 years to brake even if roon still exists. I own a aurliac Altar g1 and with that comes lightening DS software. Does not have exactly the same features roon does but sounds just as good. Has eq ability and artist information. I think I will stay with my free software for my DAC. Oh and I don’t need a separate computer to run the software

1 Like

I would like to upgrade to lifetime. On the pricing page, there is an explicit mention that subscriptions are easily transferable. I am 74, so my lifetime is intrinsically limited. If the subscription is transferable, I can transfer it to my son, who is interested, when I can no langer use it for any reason. But when I wanted to upgrade, there is a mention that lifetime subscriptions are not transferable. There is a clear contradiction there. What is the rule, and why?
Thanks for more information.

The very reason lifetime is on the way out. Subscription is required for long term financial stability.

Sadly, Music and it’s services are not free and your son can surely subscribe if he wishes and contribute to the growth and future of Roon.

It just seems somewhat unfair to the elderly. Statistically, their average cost per year for a life membership will be (much) higher than for considerably younger life subscribers. I hope to live for more than six more years, and be able to enjoy music all the while, but chances are… So at 74, it is perhaps wiser to take it one year at the time. But certainly, the mention that memberships are easily transferred is inacurate and misleading. Does anyone at Roon listens in?

1 Like

Oh, my goodness me…
A monsoon basically wiped out half of Indonesia on Christmas Day, and fifteen people have just died in a plane crash in Kazakhstan, including children.
And people are moaning about stumping-up a few more dollars to buy a product that brings them untold joy and pleasure, in their warm, safe homes?
Shame…

3 Likes

I think you have a misunderstanding about what is stated on the pricing page. It says that subscriptions are easily transferable - but this statement clearly applies to transferring subscription licenses between Roon Cores, not transferring licences between people.

1 Like

A quite easy misunderstanding, I would think. Perhaps that could be put more clearly? I certainly got the wrong idea, which made me choose for lifetime without much hesitation. Now I reconsidered.

It’s clearly spelt out in the Terms and Conditions, but then, who reads them anyway? In particular:

1. Grant and scope of license

1.1 Subject to the terms and conditions of this License you are hereby granted a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Roon Software and the Documentation on the terms of this License.

and

1. Transfer of rights and obligations

12.1 This License is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.

12.2 You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of this License, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.

1 Like

All that has been said has been said here.

Hope you all discovered some great music this holiday season!

16 Likes