Linn Roon Ready - Feedback and Issues

I’ll kick this off.

I just swapped a Selekt Classic with 2-channel amp + Organik for a Selekt Hub with the amp/Organik cartridge moved into the new chassis.

Prior to installing the beta, Roon correctly identified the device as “Linn Selekt DSM Edition” and displayed the correct icon.

Beta installation was straightforward and the device showed up as Roon Ready. Everything looks correct in Roon’s device settings (Max sample rate 384kHz, Max bits per sample: 24, Max DSD: DSD256).

All features seem to work exactly as expected. Transport controls on the Linn remote now work as expected. Playback has been flawless across the (non DSD) content I’ve tested with. I can group with other non-Linn, Roon Ready devices including KEF speakers in other rooms.

This is a very positive step forward for Roon and Linn. Things worked well for me with the Roon Tested integration but Roon Ready is confidence inspiring, adds new capabilities, and creates the impression that this is a fully supported configuration. Thank you to both companies for working on this!

5 Likes