Lumin U2 will be announced today

U1 / U1 Mini: With a USB DAC connected, the other outputs have incorrect timings

U2 / U2 Mini: With a USB DAC connected, the other outputs are off

1 Like

Ok. Thanks.

Hi @audiom3
Any further listening impressions with U2 now that you’ve had it for a while?

And I open this up to anyone else that has acquired one since the release.

Hey, @Dewald_Potgieter. Thank you for the question. I’m still very much enjoying it. To put things into perspective, this U2 made a larger sound quality impact in my system, than upgrading from an older Ayre preamp to their current KX-5 Twenty preamp. I am still amazed that a digital source could bring about this much change in sound - and for the better… much, much better. It’s a keeper for me.

6 Likes

From which streamer did you go to the U2?

1 Like

IFi Neo Stream (using the fiber direct input) I returned it after the 30 day trial because it didn’t sound much (if any) better than my prior PS Audio Bridge II card.

1 Like

Any experience from users upgrading away from U2 oder U1 mini to U2 or U1 would be welcome, I dont have the possibility to test it.

I finally got my Lumin U2, running it using my Roon Nucleus as the core and a McIntosh MCD12000 as the DAC with an AQ Diamond USB. I am very happy so far… but I’m having trouble finding information or feedback as to weather its worth setting up the SFP Fiber for networking… Anyone with input or experience would be appreciated!!

1 Like

Firstly, the Lumin sample fiber setup page is here:
https://www.luminmusic.com/support-fibre.html

Whether it’s better, worse, or no change depends on your setup and your preferences. You’ll need to do it and make an A/B comparison for yourself.

Some previous discussions, some specific to Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL:

3 Likes

Thanks for the link @wklie - Happy with the U2 so far, SFP switch, modules and cable on route, I should know soon!

3 Likes

I was successfully able to get the U2 going with fibre :raised_hands:

3 Likes

What are your thoughts on it?

1 Like

This hobby is a lot of subjectivity, diminishing returns and anticipation as minor changes are made :crazy_face:. That being said, I believe my system would be considered a reference system and I think it’s quite revealing…. To me there is an improvement, listening to my favourite tracks it seems more detailed… although that could be because I had a good sleep!!

7 Likes