Luxman’s new network transport has a heavy dose of Lumin… and that’s a good thing!

Did you notice that the new Luxman NT-07 network transport has a heavy dose of Lumin included? When one of the true heavyweights of global audio embraces Lumin, it’s time to sit up and take notice. Taken with its current product offerings, strategic partnerships (Luxman, Esoteric, Teac, Audiolab) and unique features such as Leedh Processing and fiber-optic connections, Lumin is the “ne plus ultra” network streaming authority on the planet.

2 Likes

Nec plus ultra.

A variation…

Lumin is going from strength to strength. Recognizing very early-on the superb utility, capability, and performance of Roon. Then bringing their significant list of core competencies to other OEM’s in mutually-beneficial relationships.

You love to see it!

3 Likes

Jay the same recommends Lumin :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

2 Likes

I struggle to come up with a comment for this, as it can neither be positive nor negative, and should not offend anyone. I also suppose the two parts of the title are unrelated, but putting them together may lead to misunderstanding.

Differences between NT-07 and U2:

Exclusive to Luxman NT-07:

• Luxman aesthetics to match Luxman gear
  • EI core transformer with 2 x 10,000uF capacitors
  • HDMI audio input (note: not I2S) and ARC (note: TV must be set to stereo PCM and Dolby/DTS off)
  • Comes with remote control RC-30
  • 12V trigger input/output

Exclusive to Lumin U2:

• Lumin toroidal transformer
  • AES output
  • SFP fiber network
  • Leedh Processing Volume
  • Support Plex
  • Default selection of FLAC radio stations
  • Multi-room playback with multiple Lumin units using Lumin app
  • (Lumin physical remote is separately purchased)
  • Firmware feature differences as of May 2024 - may change in the future.
2 Likes

I meant the title as a compliment to Lumin but I can understand how it might be misinterpreted. I’ll change it.

1 Like

Would love to hear from those who have heard both to compare sound quality.

(to have all things equal, let’s just compare both in roon-only mode)

anyone?