Make Roon work with Unraid by providing an official docker or something else

This request was made a couple of years back. Here’s @danny’s take on the matter. As long as the current docker images are high quality enough, it seems like it’d make sense: who wants to deal with the support nightmare that not only comes with homebuilt NAS’, but also with users insisting that the underpowered hardware in commercial NAS’ is just fine ? There’s a pretty damn good supported progression of core possibilities depending on where you fit on the technical / disposable time / disposable wealth continuum, from the commercial OS apps to ROCK to Nucleus. Then you have the unsupported stuff - now that we’ve got Roon Controller on coffee machine running, I’d love to see Roon Core on toaster, but I wouldn’t want to put that on RoonLabs’ plate.

As an aside, I’ve been using Roon-on-Docker-in-UnRaid for over two years. I don’t remember having to reinstall once, and it’s been rock-solid (ha!). FWIW, I use the one @RonCH built, and I’m not entirely sure why my experience is that different from @cwichura’s - could be dumb luck, could be because Limetech’s implementation is good, could be down to hardware, I just don’t know.