Managing TIDAL playlists... looking for some help

Totally understand and appreciate this. I guess the album orientation is not complete as Roon Radio is track oriented. Perhaps one could consider a user playlist as a user defined Roon Radio :-).

Anyhoo, it turns out I was missing something and the process is (slightly) less convoluted. I researched the KB a bit more and I found this:

" You can also add specific tracks instead of the entire album by Right-Clicking the desired tracks, selecting the 3-Dots option button, and choosing Add To Library ."
(https://kb.roonlabs.com/What’s_the_difference_between_albums_in_my_library_and_albums_outside_of_my_library%3F)

So thankfully I don’t have to add the entire album in the first place just so that I can have a single track added to a roon playlist :slight_smile:

My goal was to be able to sync a TIDAL playlist then find it in Roon and to be able to import all tracks (not entire albums) in one go so that I can then control them though tags, bookmarks etc.

As things stand:

i) Ensure roon has synced with TIDAL.
ii) Access a synced TIDAL playlist and select all track(s) intended for Roon library. Click the 3 dots (at the top) to ‘add to library’. This imports the album tracks (not the entire albums).
iii) Go to Library / Tracks and rank according to last imported. This will help show the tracks just added to the library.
iv) Select the imported tracks and ‘add to playlist’. This then allows full control, management, tagging of these tracks.

This works well

Cheers

PS: I edited the steps above following Brian’s help below

1 Like