Many albums with “sample” tracks on Qobuz that were complete before

US here. I notice most of the Chandos having trouble have Hickox as conductor. Many high resolution Chandos are not available anymore. Most BIS are not available either anymore. Could this be a copyright problem with Qobuz? That is, the use of those recordings may have expired and Qobuz has not renewed their use. Qobuz recently partnered with Québecor in Canada. This could be the reason for the problem with certain labels. But if the are facing such problems, they should be forthcoming with their customers. Anyway, I am waiting for Qobuz to answer my service request. If those labels are going to continue to have trouble, I may stop my Qobuz subscription. Tidal has most of the same recordings (although none in high resolution). This does not fare well for Qobuz.

That’s not good if it persists. Just listening to Alexandre Kantorow’s new “Brahms, Bartók & Lizt” on BIS, 96/24 via Roon. I find it strange that BIS would be part in, part out, but who knows, labels and streaming services have a very strange relationship.

Same problem in France on the same Kantorow album.

It’s playing fine for me here in the Netherlands…

I have 13 BIS and 23 Chandos albums in my Library sourced from Qobuz. They are all still showing as available and playable…

Edit: Not all of them turn out to be playable - many have tracks that are not marked as unavailable, yet are unplayable, and are skipped over… giving the “Unable to start streaming Check your Qobuz account and start again” message. Examples:

And many more!

I have found Qobuz keeps switching the versions on a lot of albums in its catalogue. This results in Roon having all tracks unavailable, yet it’s not deleting from Roon as it would from Tidal. I have then had to search and add the new version and manually remove the other. Most annoying had it occur a lot over the past month or so.

Sounds similar to this topic. Licensing issues? But it only seems to affect Qobuz and not Spotify for instance. Or perhaps only the hires albums? Weird …

Looking at mine, they appear available and playable, but when you actually try to play them many won’t play (on some only some tracks will play).

You’re right - the “unavailable” message is not appearing by tracks that have now been removed. This is not good at all.

@support - could Roon please take a look at this and find out from Qobuz what is going on?

Here’s an example of an album that is still showing as available, but has tracks removed ( e.g. first three movements of Symphony no. 2):

I also have the Sublime+ subscription in the US, with 5 BIS albums in my Library as Qobuz “Favorites.” They all play fine at the moment.

EDIT: On the other hand, 1 CPO album does not play properly. The first track of Bach’s B Minor Mass by Concerto Copenhagen skips the first track, giving me the message “Unable to start streaming. Check your Qobuz account and try again” before skipping to the second track. Using the Qobuz app, that first track plays as a 30 second sample at mp3 quality then switches back to 96/24 for the remaining full tracks.

All those problems started several days ago. Some Chandos can be played without problems, but many can’t, particularly those where Hickox is the conductor and, in addition, music by Elgar and other British composers. In terms of BIS, almost all are not playable. The condition is unnerving as sometimes the recordings do not show the “unavailable” notice, but then you get the message in Roon to check your Qobuz account, and in Qobuz own app they appear as “sample”, which means you can either not be able to play them, or only play a few seconds. I have sent messages to Qobuz, registered a service ticket, sent screen shots of the problem, both in Roon and Qobuz app, but I have not received an answer. And the list keeps growing by the day. Today you may be able to play a certain recording, and tomorrow it has the same problem. If this goes on, Qobuz is in real trouble. I, for one, will not pay for an “unlimited” high resolution service that limits my choices and eliminates what I have already marked as a favorite.

1 Like

Hi Jose

I have tried the following record

and for me it is playing fine in Qobuz. Also in Roon it si playing nicely.

I am based in Belgium (Europe). Where are you based?

Do you want me to test another specific record?

Dirk

You could try some of those that I posted earlier…

(are you sure that track 12 [The Lure] on the Holst Orchestral Works Vol 1 disc plays? It’s shown as unavailable in the Qobuz app here in the Netherlands - it only plays a 30 second sample)

These tree movements, as well as others, show unavailable

Dirk

The first album shows all tracks unavailable

For me, at this moment, I do not see a ‘technical’ problem at my side.
It is of course a real pain to see so many albums becoming unavailable.

Dirk

Then we have to ask: why is it you are seeing the “unavailable” markings, but some of us are not? I’ve tried rescan and reidentify, and still not seeing them…

I am afraid I cannot help with that one.
Dirk

I know - it was more a question for @support

I’ve sent emails to BIS and Chandos asking them what is going on. They may take more notice if more of us do the same…

I am located in the USA. And, as I have mentioned, this started around seven days ago. This is just a sample of what is happening. Some complete recordings just say “Sample”. In others certain tracks. These screen shots are from Qobuz own app. In Roon you get a message warning that there is no streaming and to check your Qobuz account. And I have a Studio account.

IMG_3873.PNG|231x500