Metal music discussion šŸ¤˜ [2021-11]

This has been one of my favourite metal releases of 2021, and a local band to boot!

3 Likes

Just added it now thanks :+1:

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637749027278919278

4 Likes

RoonShareImage-637749308186541106

3 Likes

I really need to check this out, if only for the unusual recording/production techniques I read about in a review. I havenā€™t heard a note as it isnā€™t available to stream. Itā€™s good, I guess?

1 Like

Itā€™s available on Qobuz, but I canā€™t speak for other streaming services.
IMHO itā€™s really good and definitely worth for activ listening. Itā€™s very diverse with heavy and lighter parts and a jazzy feeling here and there.

I didnā€™t know about unusual recording/production techniques. Many thankā€™s for mentioning I will definitely investigate. Sounds very insteresting!

1 Like

And Tidal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pretty sure it is on Tidal in UK.
Didnā€™t get on with it on the first listen, but better on second

2 Likes

Thank you @ds_2 for this recommendation.
Very atmospheric and musical but also Doomy and gloomy :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Nice! Shape Of Despair is my number one funeral doom band, they (taken from Bandcamp): ā€ā€¦manage to express sorrow and despair in such a majestic and beautiful mannerā€. Well said

1 Like

Shame on me, I mixed it up in case of availability on streaming servicesā€¦
Itā€™s not available on Qobuzā€¦ I purchased it on Bandcamp.

1 Like

You made me doubt myself :roll_eyes:.
But I have had another look and all three albums are available on Tidal.

1 Like

Spaceslug - Memorial

Apparently, this is a big departure from their older albums. I will definitely check those out at some point.

2 Likes

Post Metal from Finland mixing clean and harsh vocals. Some nice Post-Rock elements. No masterpiece, but a solid listen as far as I am concerned.

2 Likes

If someone knows how to do melodic metal or hard rock right, itā€™s definitely the Swedes. These guys sound like classic Malmsteen. Excellent album.

2 Likes

So listening to another harrowing and yet beautiful Shape of Despair album
Thank you @ds_2 for the recommendation

3 Likes

Album is much better than that cover art :slightly_smiling_face: It has always been my favourite Shape Of Despair album, maybe because that is the one I bought and listened first a long time ago.

New album coming in Februaryā€¦

2 Likes

Yes not the greatest cover, but the music is haunting

1 Like

Replicant - Malignant Reality

Celebrating the new Roon 880 update with one of the best heavy releases of the year. Probably shouldā€™ve made my album of the year list because itā€™s the perfect balance between abrasiveness and groove.

EDIT: Iā€™ve added an artist photo for these guys with Roon Valance. This is likely the last time I am going to use this feature. It seems like a lot of work for unpaid contributors that has already replaced some old artist images with inferior alternatives. The mix of logos and band/artist photos in particular is awful no big deal.

EDIT2: Whining reduced. In time this feature will improve artist artwork in Roon. Some teething issues should be expected.

4 Likes

2 Likes