Metal music discussion 🤘 [2023-2024]

Forgotten how good Baroness Red is. And great sound on wax. Shows what an absolute mess they made of production on Gold & Grey.

4 Likes

Nice share from @Henri in another music thread.
Excellent atmospheric black Metal. It must be good as the wife is yet to complain :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Happy to see you like it so much. That’s what’s the sharing is all about.

2 Likes

The downside of other people sharing is I spend way too much on music. This one will be coming to live atu house if it is on Bandcamp, which I hope it is :grin::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks, I have not listened that but added it now and will try it during weekend!

2 Likes

There you go. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I found it and added it after my post, but thanks for the link. Now if I had been lazier :+1:t2::grin:

1 Like

RoonShareImage-638099255361555957

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-638099175467123800

1 Like

This is ment to be played at MAX volume :metal:

5 Likes

Here’s another banger!

6 Likes

That At The Gates album is classic.

Last night was Obituary show and now listening yesterday’s setlist again. Their new album is very good and live show did not disappoint! The Wrong Time from new album was excellent.

Obituary played before Heaven Shall Burn and Trivium, those I do not listen regularly but both actually played well, especially Trivium really got crowd going.

Good start for 2023 as last weekend was Katatonia and Solstafir concert.

6 Likes

Sweet, Obituary is on my list of must see live bands. I’m hopefully seeing Trivium in May, been waiting to see them live.

I’ve been itching for concerts as I’ve been on a 2 month hiatus. But I do have Anthrax, Black Label Society & Exodus coming up in just over a week!

That show sounds epic btw, wish I was there :metal:

1 Like

Hopefully you get a change to see Obituary and also if you like Trivium I think you will have great time.

I saw Anthrax couple years ago when they played before Slayer. Based on that I think they will perform very well.

Same itch here, I need to check what bands are coming here…

2 Likes

I have a couple of good shows lined up here already for this year just waiting for the dates to roll around :roll_eyes: Wish we were closer, I could always use more concert buddies!

I already bought tickets for the following :star_struck:

Inkcarceration Festival July 14-16 - Only Pantara was announced so far, the other 50 bands are being announced early February.

Sorry for the long post but I’m starting to get really excieted for this Spring and Summer :metal:

4 Likes

Very nice, you have good selection already booked. That Haken tour made me check if they come here and they do in April (with Between The Buried and Me), thanks. I do not know how I previously missed that they are touring here.

3 Likes

That’s awesome, I hope you get to see them, this will be my first time. I’m seeing them with Arch Echo but tbh I like Between The Buried and Me more.

1 Like

I’ve been listening to this band more and more lately, good stuff.

3 Likes

Vredehammer from Norway is probably not that well known but could very well be for those who like black and death metal. This and their 2020 Viperous are both really good.

There are basically no metal albums in ’What we are listening’ thread, are you all posting to that other listening thread? I do not follow that because of thread name :joy: (sorry @AceRimmer :slightly_smiling_face:)

4 Likes

If you are going to see Katatonia I hope you get (and I am 99% sure you will) better sound as we got. It felt like they missed sound check completely and vocals were only listenable when band was not playing (and at those rare times vocals were great). Solstafir were much more enjoyable that night.

2 Likes