Missing lyrics and microphone icon

I am new here to this forum. I tried to find a thread on this but didn’t… so, sorry ahead of time if I missed it.
I am now missing lyrics and the lyric microphone icon. I do not see it in settings either. Any ideas? Thx

it will only show on tracks with lyrics - no lyrics no icon, not everything on an album will have lyrics available or perhaps any even

1 Like

Thanks for the response. But, I meant that the microphone and all lyrics for all songs that once were there are now gone.

Have you deselected it from view. Now playing screen select the three dots menu

Select Configure Now Playing Screen and make sure lyrics are still selected

Thanks, looked for it, but it’s no longer there to select or deselect… I am on Roon essentials with an Elac Discovery. Lyrics have been there, but I’m afraid they’ve been eliminated on the Essential version. Dang.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they have been eliminated. Roon Essentials had a earlier version of the Lyrics feature of Roon, that only displayed static lyrics.

Realtime display of lyrics came with version 1.5 of Roon. It’s possible that this has not been included in the new version of Roon Essentials. Only Roon Labs can say for sure. @support - what’s the story, please?

Thanks again for the quick reply’s, everybody.

While not all of Roon’s lyrics features will be available in Essentials, lyrics were not supposed to be removed completely.

It’s a bug and while I don’t have a firm timeline yet, it will be fixed. Sorry for the trouble @john_dahl.

That’s great…thx. And for the quick response!
I’m not used to that!!