Mojo 2 + Poly + Roon : Volume control and charging?

Please stay online and be prepared to help me decode color combinations in the future. Thank you. :grinning:

1 Like

Enjoy! :smiley:

1 Like

I can’t tell if you’re trying to help or if this is your way of saying “You’ve joined a group of crazy people. Good luck with that.”

Maybe it’s both.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it’s both for sure. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I basically told you that you were wrong. I should have held off on that until I played with it because you were, of course right. Sorry about that :frowning:

Moving between access points does cause Roon to hiccup. I’ve seen it stop playing or jump to the next track. I have options that I may consider for reducing which access points the Poly roams between but I’m really sure I care - it’s a little annoying but easy to recover from.

I just wanted to confirm that I do have this issue and you were right. Thanks for the heads up about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jim: I know you love your setup and the Dragonfly. But the Poly/Mojo2 is an sonically an excellent mobile endpoint for someone who wants to move around their house with a portable Roon endpoint that will support most TOTL headphones with adequate power. I’ve done a lot of listening and most dongles do not compare.

1 Like

If anybody continues to have difficulty with their Mojo2/Poly while traveling, I finally found a simple solution for hotel, air, cafe, or train or anywhere wifi. Most of you who have tried this with your phone of computer alone might have found trouble when there is a second login page asking for Room number or further information. Just trust me that picking up one of these and using it simply as a wireless repeater putting out 2.4ghz will solve you problem: Amazon.com

This one will only connect to a 2.4ghz network and then will transmit 2.4ghz. I recently hit a snag for the first time where a hotel only had a 5ghz network. To avoid that issue in the future, I’m going to order one fo these as a replacement. A few bucks more but will accept dual band in and then you can transmit out at 2.4 to your poly: Amazon.com

This is $30 well spent that will save you a bunch of heartache.

Hi, Harry.

My name isn’t Jim and I don’t use a Dragonfly :slight_smile:

This is an old thread. I sold the Chord+Poly combo quite a while ago. I couldn’t get it to work reliably with my WiFi. I have a robust UniFi-based network with a number of access points. The Poly could not maintain a stable connection.

I’ve had a FiiO M11 Plus for months - I’m much happier with it than I was with the Chord/Poly combo.

I actually used to travel with a little router similar to the items you referenced. They’re useful. They help get around caps that the number of WiFi devices a single guest can use simultaneously (might be just a US thing, and it’s not as common now as it was years back). When a room has a functioning ethernet port, they can also use that directly helping with poor WiFi signal. Some WiFi networks aren’t encrypted and they can solve for that, too, when connected to ethernet.

I haven’t carried one in years, though. I have VPN clients on my devices and I fall back on my phone’s dataplan if the hotel WiFi doesn’t work. My M11 Plus doesn’t need help getting on networks or getting through captive logins :slight_smile:

oops, sorry about that. How are the sonics on the FiiO M11 plus in your opinion?

No worries :slight_smile:

I’m very happy with it. I primarily use it with a pair of U12t IEMs and I think it’s fantastic. There’s a growing group of FiiO enthusiasts in the FiiO section on this board. Many posts there on the M11 and other devices: FiiO - Roon Labs Community