MQA disappointing

It seems to me that the admins of that mqa supporter group - when not willing to reveal the truth
(when it’s getting too hot) - is just banning it’s members. So they can keep up appearances and keep the curtains closed for the other members.

I use that group and the rules are simple and clearly stated, if you want to diss MQA, start your own group or join in on the forum echo chambers. We are tired of it all and have a space to celebrate, enjoy and educate on the positive nature of MQA.

4 Likes

Or they want to run a civil forum not a constant argument? Not everyone wants to be “saved”…

3 Likes

If I go into the woods and poke a bear with a long stick I expect to get bitten

1 Like

I use a longer stick…

All I need to do then is run faster than you!

1 Like

I wasn’t built for speed, should be easy for you

1 Like

I also develop software, so you should pay me.
You don’t want or need my software? Doesn’t matter, I don’t want MQA and you want to convince me, that it is normal to pay for it. So, please give me money for my development works.

2 Likes

If your software is part of an overall package, I’ll be charged if I buy it. Equipment that supports a list of formats always includes licensing and integration costs in the price. It’s not really hard to understand.
I never use DSD or MP3 in any form. So I can demand that they be removed to make me happy?

I don’t own a car and will never use motorways. Can I have my taxes back, which helped to pay for them?

The problem is we don’t need mqa. Yet all the users of roon have to pay for it.
80% doesn’t need it yet they also pay for the 20% that do want it.
And that’s okay for you? Fine. But not for me.
I don’t pay for lower quality if I can get high quality for free.

3 Likes

I left that group myself by blocking the admins that followed me on other pages.
I didn’t diss them on their page. But I feel it’s my task now to start a crusade
against the whole policy that mqa actually is. An unneccessary money train.

Here a recent link where you can learn more about it :
maybe after reading this you can hear the difference between original pcm and fake mqa?

1 Like

Yep - this was the final straw for me (on top of so many other issues). I’ve killed Tidal and gone elsewhere, and as Qobuz is not here in Oz, I have also cancelled my Roon auto renew too (in fact, it’s been uninstalled already).

With the RME non-mqa DAC that I have (I don’t want to pay for mqa licensing anymore), I can use other kit to serve-up files from my NAS and non-mqa streams and it sounds a lot better than through my old Bluesound mqa with half the mqa stuff I was forced into on Tidal.

I’ll miss some bits of Roon, but the way so many players in the market are bending to mqa with an evangelism that is unwarranted is making me vote with my feet and wallet. I hope market forces bring some sense and stability in future.

t

5 Likes

I have no sympathy for the target of your ire but feel your zeal might be better used to address more egregious wrongs :innocent:

3 Likes

And yet, here you are :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Aha! The Neil Young defence. I surrender.

3 Likes

You just love me so much, you can’t not post eh :wink:

At no point have I said I am done for good. The tides change and an opportunity may arise once more.

And I’m paid-up for a while yet.

Besides, I wasn’t aware that being an active user was a prerequisite; care to point me to what I might have missed?

4 Likes

Well it’s not a prerequisite obviously (you know, free speech and all), but I’d say it was entirely legitimate to question the value of input from someone who doesn’t use the product. I don’t own a turntable any more, but I don’t go on turntable fora and [Moderated] post about how bad the vinyl experience is (for me).

2 Likes

Do let us know how that actually goes. Eagerly anticipating :sunglasses:

1 Like

I was using it until a week ago. My involvement on this thread and forum predate that. That validates my input. I’ve taken action to deliver an experience I want rather than sat there and just accept the deficiencies that have started to build-up with Tidal and (as a consequence of the small sample of services Roon integrates with) Roon itself. I’m also posting in the vain hope it prompts change. Change can equate to more choice and less imposition; it can also mean helping others to realise they don’t have to accept the erosion of that choice. A decent groundswell could mean the difference between being further rail-roaded or making strategists and decision makers aware that there is demand out there for other ways and wider choice.

I’m not sure I can recall posting in a manner you suggest; I think I have laid-out my concerns and personal findings without being unnecessarily disparaging. This is part of any positive discourse; but by all means, you be you and come at me again.

t

1 Like