This article came up again today…

This article came up again today…

2 Likes

And there we have the ‘Brexit’ debate in a nutshell… :joy:

We will know more tonight ……

1 Like

Truth is not democratic - it is not up for “debate”. See:

2 Likes

The facts of MQA being a superMP3, an “end to end” proprietary and DRM lossy encoding that does nobody any good is not “pedantry”, it’s the simple truth. The truth of “but I like it subjectively” does not negate the truth of what MQA is…

8 Likes

Nobody any good? How about Bob Stuart? Your “truth” isn’t my truth, perhaps you should find another word for the sake of clarity. (awaits insult…)

That would be…wait for it…radical subjectivist :sunglasses:

Amazing how little the arguments in both sides change.

If they were to market this as a alternative to MP3, things will not go out of hand… Bad marketing period!

I think it sounds great! Lovely music.

They are returning to the show circuit. They must have a plan to shore up their “marketing” against the consumers…

1 Like

Or they have a really excellent product which customers appreciate, all just down to opinion I suppose.

1 Like

More likely, they have arranged to have the room packed with astroturfers and guerilla marketers :joy:

1 Like

Yes I can see that, really clever idea,:sleepy:

Blockquote This article came up again today…

1. Boring. Marketing. Do better.

MQA = superMP3. I like that… unfold hihihiihihi :smile:

…lossy, not even 16bit & not even close 24, DSPier, no bit perfect, so no truth and DRMglued. And licensed as hell! Money, money, money, make me happy, make my day (Bob in his bathroom after “I have brilliant idea”!) Told them MASTERS and they buy it in the dark. And many of them did, do, and will do. Simple.

Useless “technology” per se.

2 Likes

Perhaps you should come here and listen to Muddy Waters almost holographic in my listening room. This MQA disc sounds amazing, so I will go by my own ears and perceptions.
Also, you have to turn it up a bit, for those that claim MQA is always louder.

2 Likes

Great master, thanks for making me aware of this.
Sounds brilliant as Flac without MQA. Much better without the distortion added by MQA.

5 Likes

Thanks. I have now (reviewing) new version Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro MQA edition. So, full unfolds and compared with album in PCM with and without DSP on route (PCM-DSD real time conversion 22,4MHz)

That’s great, enjoy the music because it is so good…

1 Like