Need an upgraded cpu?

If you wanted to make using REW and room correction with Roon easier, there are a couple of small additions that would be nice:

1. Increase number of filters to 20, since the Generic equalizer in REW uses 20 filters.
  2. Implement an filter text-import, according to what you get in REW when doing menu File -> Export -> Export filter settings as text

Even with stereo filter impulse file available straight from REW, its sometimes still needed to use the EQ in addition (see my guide, step 16a), and manually inputting filters is so boring and easy to get wrong. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No real difference for frequency/phase response, but filtering with more precision allows the filter to have better time-domain characteristics–or rather, to express its time-domain behavior more precisely.

Convolving DSD at DSD rates is the domain of HQPlayer for now. We’ll get faster, but it’s a very demanding use case, so hard to make guarantees about where that will end up.

I’m 95% sure it could work without the 176.4/192 if you could make REW generate native filters at 352.8kHz/384kHz with the same order. I know it doesn’t do that today–but maybe it’s worth bugging them about it–it’s probably not very difficult to support a couple of more resolutions in the dropdown. The process of generating the filters is identical regardless of sample rate. I think the filter upsampling/expansion is really killing you here.

These are good ideas. I’ll get them in the queue.

2 Likes