New (was back in 2021) iFi Zen Stream device

Just got my zen streamer today and am very impressed with the sound quality so far!
Im using it in dlna setting running audirvana. I will switch over to roon to compare soon. Im using usb out to my dac, upscaling to 352.8. I comparing sq to standard source 44.1 to see what i like best.

TBH this sounds better to me than my other streamer a lumin-u1-mini with farad lps costing 8x as much. Im returning the lumin now and am much happier.

Setup was a breeze, did the update and no problems there thankfully. It came with tye ifi 9v power supply. I have an lps on the way which will be 13.5v and will see how the sound compares to the stock ifi power supply.
Im using ethernet from two cisco 2960 switches.

Super excited to see how the ifi zen stream breaks in and switching out power cables, fuse, grounding terminal with the lps when it arrives.

Thought i would add my thoughts on the streamer so far and it sounds amazing imo. I had a project streambox s2 ultra which this sounds very similar to from what i remember. Was looking at sotm 200 ultra neo but am glad i saved some money with the zen.

6 Likes