New (was back in 2021) iFi Zen Stream device

Just received my new Zen Stream. Plugged it in via Ethernet. Connected to my DAC via both Coax and USB. Found the IP address and updated to the latest firmware (v2.29.6). Fired up Roon and cannot stop listening. Both USB and Coax connections sound amazing. Very clean sounding/no jitter. Listening through Jotunheim with HD650s. Used to have my DAC connected directly to my laptop via USB and can tell a definite difference in sound quality. Also no USB drop outs when switching between tracks which I used to experience frequently when plugged directly into my laptop. $399 might seem like a lot vs a Raspberry Pi offering. However, if you look at a plug & play Allo USB Bridge Signature + Digione Hat and low noise power supply you are well over $400USD. The fact you get both USB and Coax plus an ifi low noise power supply I think is a good value. Plus there is no loading and updating of DietPi to deal with. BTW my unit through my US dealer included the 9volt 2amp Power supply. No issues with my 9v PSU. I see some have received the 12 volt power supply as well. Anyway only have had it running for about an hour, and this thing is amazing. Thanks to all on this forum especially @Michael_Harris for all of the great posts/recommendations. I made sure I updated to the latest firmware before I did anything in Roon. I have left the input on the ZenStream to 1 on the back (AIO - all in one) for now so I can access the local IP address to do any updates required. Haven’t tried Tidal Connect yet, as I have a heavy Roon user, but I am sure it will work. Thanks All!

4 Likes