Nucleus and Anthem STR Integrated - Making Love with 2 Great Solutions!

So what’s the update on this? Can we use roon to control the STR?

I’m interested in this too and to note Anthem/Paradigm had furloughs due to the Pandemic. I would suspect there will be a wait on this.

I’ve programmed both IR, serial, and IP command sets for Anthem AVM20/30/40/D2 and 60/MRX platforms. I’ve submitted some of my work to Roomie Remote and it had been integrated into the product. Roomie Remote has a working IP command set for the AVM 60/MRX platform.

Anthem catalogs their entire command set and has it published in an Excel file and it’s super simple. I am going to assume that the STR uses the same IP command base as the MRX and AVM 60 platform.

I’m happy to serve as a beta tester if you need one for Anthem.

Been a while since anyone posted here. Wondering if any progress has been made? I have an AVM60 and thinking about jumping into Room via the Nucleus. But was wondering if an External DAC would make any sense. Especially since the AVM60 does not have a bypass for 2 channel or what used to be call analog direct. I think my older avm’s had this. So it would be nucleus to anthem, and use the DACs in the avm60 vs adding pre with 2 channel bypass or some sort of swtich and adding a DAC to the mix like the Matrix Mini 3 Pro.

What are peoples thoughts on best way? Or just upgrade AVM 60. Do the new Pre-pros have analog direct from anthem now?

1 Like

Has anything progressed on this topic?

Or, further thought on it…

@Matt_Lathrop , how’d you manage the volume control function to work?

Have a raspberry pi, connected to an anthem str pre-amp, and keen to control the anthem from roon.

Thanks,