Off-topic moderation

This can be frustrating to users…seeing moderators engage in completely off topic conversation.

andybob Andrew Cox Moderator & KB Editor

23m

It sounds odd to hold out the lifetime licence for USD $700 as an alternative to the annual subscription of USD $120, but anyone who thinks they are likely to use Roon for 6 years or more really should consider it. Roon have already increased the lifetime fee without notice and have made it clear that the lifetime option may be removed without notice at any time.

The thread title:
Roon UI is not good enough

5hrs ago:

I get sporadic Tidal and Qobuz stutters in Melbourne on a 50Mbps NBN plan. They usually occur around 5pm (which makes me suspect congestion on the local NBN, I’m in a big apartment building). I also use HQPlayer so would need to compare with the Roon Ready app to rule out buffering in HQPlayer.
One thing I have noticed is that running a broadband speed test seems to cure the problem. I’m not sure whether this is because the ISP ups it’s game when it detects such a test, or whether a simple pause in audio playback assists. At the moment I am more suspicious of the ISP (Exetel) than Roon or HQPlayer and thinking seriously about reverting to iiNet.
The broadband test usually reports over 40Mbps and 7ms latency, which should be enough to avoid stutters.
As for the UI, I also think the Radio tiles are too big and don’t look good in Dark Mode.

Only 1 line here on topic (highlighted in bold)

So of those two responses above and 20 odd lines, only 1 of them is anything to do with the topic.

Please try to remain consistent.

Thank you.