Phantom Gold not yet Roon Ready? [yes, they are now]

Hi there,
I was told by Devialet support (I know this type of info has float around many times before :slight_smile: ) the Phantom’s are 100% in process of being Roon RAAT certified any time know…they gave the end of the year has an absolute deadline for that to happen… everyone that knows Devialet takes this info with a grain of salt, but at the same time, the Devialet DAC’s are today RAAT certified, so they already have an history of working with Roon and achieve certification…if you have the time, I would wait, much better/clean solution for our Phantom’s…

I won’t hold my breath, but it would be nice to get to Roon Ready.
Next question:
Does anyone know if the user can define how the incoming signal is received? At one time, it seemed Phantom would decide which signal (ethernet, powerline, wifi) was best and would select that signal transmission mode.
I like the RoonBridge to SPDIF solution mainly because its really reliable in the way the Dialog never was. I also know exactly how the signal is getting to my Phantom. I’d rather not leave this up to my device to decide.

With DOS2 and new app, you can choose between Ethernet/Wifi/PLC…my understanding is if you have an Ethernet cable connected to back of the Phantom then defaults to Ethernet… of course this is separate from the Toslink option that you can always choose as an alternative input…but by far the best option is to invest on the Ethernet for HiRes/stable music…

Thank you very much @Renato_Semedo! I will look in my DOS2 settings if/when my Phantom becomes RoonReady.

this is done. phantom’s are roon ready now.

1 Like