Please oh please one or two step deleting and hiding!

That is my use case as well.
That looks interesting > look it up in roon search and favourite it and back to browsing > at a future date have a listen to the recently added albums from the roon UI > shudder in horror and want to delete it > click click click click etc :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My case is the same as @jtnt et al. In fact try-it-and-see is the main way I listen to music in Roon, along with internet radio. And like @philr I’m fishing out Tidal “masters.” In this use case, “Remove Tidal favorite” is entirely different from “Delete a FLAC on your NAS.”

I’d be grateful for an easier unfave experience.

1 Like

Waste basket principle works today.

Put in the waste basket: use Hide (in the Edit dialog). You can get it back from the waste basket with unhide.

Delete would be the equivalent of emptying the waste basket.

To see the contents of the waste basket, either to retrieve it or delete it, use Focus, Inspector, Hidden.

Personally I prefer hidden albums off, so a quick way to remove Tidal stuff from library seems to me an undeniably useful feature. Obviously ymmv but I still want to register my endorsement. Cheers!

Charles, I like your idea of having the option to do 1 or 2 click (personally I’m a clutz so I’d opt for the extra are you sure click! :sunglasses:)

Personally, I think a good comprise is to add a Kiosk mode to Roon. I often let friends and family play with Roon, but I always keep an eye on what they are up to, to avoid deletion or editing mishaps.

All user accounts in Roon should be protected with a PIN, which gives access all current functionality, with the addition of one/two-click deletion. When running in Kiosk mode (without a PIN), the user can only add/edit/delete playlists, plus add TIDAL albums, with all other editing and deleting functions removed.

1 Like

I agree but feel that’s for a different issue… there are longstanding feature request for those features.

I just found out Roon is capable of deleting files from your hard drive. That’s just crazy.

Yes, but even if you did think it was a good idea it isn’t very efficient as it doesn’t delete the enclosing folder, nor any associated images.