Poll for me : Tidal or Qobuz?

I use Tidal because it was the only option initially. I use the mobile version when out and about.

I planned to switch to qobuz as soon as possible but ended up sticking with tidal. purely because there was no easy way to switch, and impossible to preserve date added and track play data, which is what I use mostly to organise my music. Things may have changed now and if so I’d look again.

MQA doesn’t bother me really. It seems like a pointless idea but then again I’m out of that ‘critical listening’ type environment. My main issue has always been tidal ownership/ethos and ramming it’s own artists down your throat on the mobile app etc. I just don’t like the company. Qobuz just has a better vibe but I’d want a decent mobile app (not tried there’s recently, don’t remember it being good or bad).

Quite a few albums get dropped or replaced for me on tidal and I have to find them again and add them or they just aren’t there any more. That’s rally annoying, I guess they all do it?

Hoping Spotify becomes a thing. In the short period I used their mobile service it was really good and it’s recommendations and playlists were great - in a different league to Roon for sure, which generally just gets turned off as it’s next to useless.

1 Like

Isnt MQA also part - even a major part - of that ‚ethos‘ problem with Tidal? But I see the point between compromising between ‚ethos‘ and convenience.

1 Like

Can’t live without MQA anymore so Tidal over Qobuz(and bigger catalog)

Hi HWZ,
but how do you use all these 4 streaming services in practice? Only 2 of them are integrated in Roon till now. You spend a lot of money to fill some little holes in the music library, isn´t it?

I highly recommend the mobile app of Qobuz. It is very good.

2 Likes

Thats what I use for on-the-road listening.

1 Like

As for Tidal, Amazon HD and HRA, I mainly use their native apps. As for Qobuz, I mostly use it via Roon. In addition to this, I have a streamer with Qobuz, Tidal and HRA integration.

Yes, I can’t deny the fact that I spend lots of money on music, but I think it’s worth it…

3 Likes

I would go with Qobuz but their ios and Mac apps are horrific. I just can’t get past them so I use Tidal . I know Qobuz sounds better as I have listened to both Tidal and Qobuz.

Qobuz’s library is pretty weak compared to Tidal .

I will likely go with Spotify when cd quality comes out .

?? When did you last look at them? Perfectly functional.

1 Like

It depends on the music style. I am very satisfied with Qobuz’s library of classic and jazz!

3 Likes

Both services claim 70 million tracks. (Tidal says 70+ million but is not precise).

1 Like

Last week and this week .

Yep, cant judge other genres but classical and jazz are top :+1:

2 Likes

As a Roon user, why would you care about that? Don’t understand.

1 Like

I don’t with Roon, but I do when I am using the Qobuz app with my phone,ipad,etc.

Begs the question, but whatever.

Do you mean when you’re out of the house? That makes sense then.

Yes and when I travel which i will be doing a lot of when i get my vaccine shot this week.

1 Like

I have Tidal and Qobuz. I like both, but you can buy and download music from Qobuz. They’re generally more reasonable than HDTracks.

1 Like

HDTracks? Didnt know that scam even still existed…

CDs from Amazon are just as cheap and without the added Qobuz tier.

For those who rip then one is stuck with the CD, but some people still use a player for which Qobuz downloads are useless without burning.