Portability across music sources (Tidal, Qobuz, etc.) [New options in Build 831]

Thanks for posting this @RobOK
I was considering posting another feature request, but I’ll elaborate on this one, hope you don’t mind?

Now that we can export “playlists” to Soundiiz and Excel, all we need is an import function that does not demand file paths, but rather identify tracks, artists and albums based on their ROVI or UPC identifiers.
An example:
Prince - 1999 Any one of us could likely find this album if you have a streaming service and I’m sure many have it available locally. If it is added already it has got these identifiers:
rovi:MW0000191482
UPC: 603 497 999 637

It must be possible to find and add albums/tracks/artists from whatever available media source any user has access to? And it really doesn’t matter if it’s not possible to cover 100%, I’m sure a “rest list” could be made available also, for manual finding or a “shopping list”.

Yes, I know that would eliminate the need for Soundiiz, but please make this sharing feature a complete one. Roon needs it!

There are many other scenarios where this would be useful, such as corrupted databases etc. where restore of the complete database isn’t wanted.

1 Like