Pro Ject Pre Box RS2 digital///DSD512

There is no DAC connected or no NAA

This is why it isn’t working

This is why I asked for this screenshot days ago - it often tells the story

How is your DAC connected? Direct USB cable to your HQP server?

now everything is turned on. HQPe - lan - switch-lan-naa-lan-dac is a connection

You said Roon works.

Roon only supports DSD512 x 44.1k Hz

= 22,579,200 Hz

Can you please select this rate in HQP

… and you should uncheck 48k DSD in Network Audio backend too

True but with auto rate family disabled, i don’t think this makes difference if you fix output rate to 22,579,200 Hz

No harm in unchecking it tho

You’re right … just to stay on the safe side

1 Like

Above screenshot is through Windows NAA and ASIO driver, not through the NAA OS one… I don’t think the Pro-Ject ASIO driver supported 48k DSD in first place. IIRC, it works correctly through Linux with the particular DAC in question. Although the DAC display will show something bogus.

But 48k DSD makes sense only through Auto rate family anyway.

Ahh, this is RS2… Can’t remember all the model names. I have S2, which certainly works native DSD512 through the latest NAA OS / HQPlayer OS. Just tested:

1 Like

@ Wojciech_Jaminski there is a FW update for the RS2 DACs with STM v2.x - Pre Box RS2 Digital – Pro-Ject Audio Systems; have you checked if it applies to your DAC or not? you probably did, but i thought mentioning it just in case you missed that

Hello

Finally I checked if my DAC Pro Ject Pre Box RS2 supports DSD512.
DSD 512 only works with NAA on windows plus traiber.
Everything else (linux) to DSD 256.

Regards

kopernik165

1 Like

On NAA OS you don’t get native DSD?

Maybe your DAC needs explicit support. I’ll send you instructions over email how to obtain the necessary information with NAA OS.

1 Like