I regularly encounter serious performance issues (Music stops and Roon Core cannot be found anymore) which can last for days and need some help!
Roon Core on Synology DS218+ with 10GB Ram and 2 x 6TB HDD (abt 2TB used on HDD incl 1.3TB music)
- Roon Library on 250 GB SDD attached to Synology via USB 3.0
- Synology 218+ is connected to my Fritzbox via Ethernet
- Most of the time I hear music via my Linn Majik DSM streamer which is also connected to the Fritzbox via Ethernet
- Music Library (about 1.35 TB, abt 85.000 songs, with about 40 pct in lossless ALAC file format, most of them 16/44, some with higher resolution but max 24/96
- Roon Software on all my devices is the lated built 416 published a couple of days ago, but the problems are still there
So hardware and software is or should be in full compliance with roonlabs.com recommendation and my network configuration should also not cause any problems as we are streaming HD videos via Netflix, Apple TV and Amazon without any issues.
Whenever I do encounter the probems the CPU usage of the Synology DS 218+ is extremely high, i.e between 90 and 99 pct and I can see that this is only due to Roon Server using tremendeous amount of CPU power and not to any other programm running on the Synology.
When Roon is working properly the CPU usage of the Synology goes down to 5-15 pct.
Quite often the problems occur after I have added new music files to the library, so the high CPU usage could be due rescanning of the music library.
On the other side Roon was running properly for a couple of hours today and is now not working anymore although I have not added any files to my library.
Would be very happy to learn the reason for my problems.