Provenance and MQA

I disagree. So do others, as cited in multiple posts above. If you don’t care, then move on to another topic.

I will not let your bias against MQA derail a conversation on provenance.

I am trying to talk provenance and I believe MQA is closer than others. I am not looking at MQA as a solution, as they are not. The goal is to discuss provenance, not MQA. If you have an alternative to MQA to discuss, feel free to contribute.

@ComputerAudiophile, read this topic carefully from the top. You showed up late to the conversation. Multiple ideas have already been presented on what a good provenance system should entail, and the noise levels are fairly low because of heavy moderatation of both pro-MQA and anti-MQA propoganda.

As for where MQA can reach (possibly) in regards to provenance, that would be to get your “point A” to be a trusted source. But as stated multiple times above, they aren’t even close yet. However, they are tackling the hardest problem in my opinion (also noted above).

As for your argument about labels feeding bad data, it has been addressed multiple times above. Please see the example of Bernie vs the big labels. This all has been stated multiple times above. I’m starting to understand the problem with these MQA threads. No one wants to read once they hear MQA.

As for my personal agenda here, that would not be anything about MQA. I do care about manipulation of audio data. I do care about being sold something (commercially sold, or metaphorically sold) that isn’t what it’s container says it is. Where I stand, is that I am looking for a solution to this problem so I can integrate it into Roon. I jumped on this topic about Provenance and MQA because the way I see it, no one else is solving the data ingestion pipeline part of the problem, which I think is the largest problem to solve. Digital signatures and the technology involved is not difficult in implementing the mechanics of the solution. If anyone has solved any of these problems, obviously I am interested, but as I have already said, I think the data ingestion pipeline between potential trusted entities and the distribution of that data to me is the most important thing to get to the bottom of.