Qobuz and Roon Nucleus - am I able to use Qobuz’s “offline” feature

Yes, I understand what an API is. I ran a software company for 35 years so know enough to be dangerous…

Presumably Roon is designed to emulate the Qobuz environment as much as possible. For instance, the Qobuz app has a tab for Purchases and another for Offline Library. Roon has neither - how does one access the “Purchases” collection - or is this not supported and the tracks are just treated as any other music file by Roon?

Purchases were removed from Roon in the last update, most everyone should have their purchases in their local library already. Offline would never be available to Roon as those files are encrypted and only playable in the Qobuz app.

Offlining in a 3rd party app simply isn’t allowed, and I think this is related to licensing with the content providers.

OK. Thanks Jeff. Will have to have a chat with Qobuz as their PR is a bit fuzzy on this "Roon manages, browses, and searches your local file collection and Qobuz digital download and streaming collections in one app, with the acclaimed Roon interface. ".

I interpret this as downloaded purchases, but It’s definately vague enough to be interpreted as offlined content.

Has already been answered in a different thread: offline is restricted to the Qobuz app, by Qobuz’s licensing agreements with publishers.

The offline feature is really for when really offline, like when travelling, so I’ve used it on my mobile phone a lot. It’s pretty pointless at home, just stream from the internet. If you have auto download set, you will find your hard drive filling up.

You might want to read the Knowledge Base article on Roon’s software architecture. Basically, the Nucleus is a music appliance, whose sole purpose is to host the Core and Endpoint components of Roon.

It’s also handy if your internet is a bit unreliable, especially for hires stuff. Before I had Roon, I also found the offline library a handy way of segregating stuff. Now I have fibre and Roon, it isn’t that useful except for when I am travelling and I suppose as an insurance against total internet meltdown.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.