Qobuz News and Correspondence [closed thread]

I believe he’s talking about the new MyVolumio service.

Yeh I Googled after posting those questions. I’m burning the MyVolumio beta image now to test it out and give Qobuz a test run myself on my Pi. I’ll share some screenshots.

It works. Qobuz integration buggy and very limited but it is beta of course. Will be interesting to see how it improves over time.

This is my first time trying Volumio - I was hoping the Qobuz native app on Mac OS would be able to play direct to the Pi3 running Volumion via UPnP but it doesn’t work, just like my USBridge running DietPi.

One positive: it can only be a matter of time until Qobuz comes to Roon now.

What makes you say that ?

Lol it’s a wild guess on my part based on them being open to Volumio integration.

Btw, here’s the user cost to have Qobuz integration (and other features) with Volumio…

I’m not interested in paying Volumio and also paying Qobuz .

Hehe noted. Makes sense too, jimmytwotimes :grin:

Sorry to maybe disappoint your expectations. Qobuz offers a sdk to be implemented into audio managing and player SW for many years. Many others than Roon take this and offer inegrated solutions, but Roon doesn‘t. I do not see why this should change now, unless Roon changes their willingness to add other steaming services with using the sdk‘s these services offer. In Spark, a software that serves the Devialet Phantoms speakers I can use Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer, Spotify and more. In the Qobuz implementation I can search albums, tracks, can follow similar artists, playlists all basically very much the same I can do with Tidal in Roon, but People and the Roon team always reply that it is Qobuz that does not want to deliver to Roon what they need to implement it ‚right‘?? I‘m really wondering what this is and why other softwares like Spark from Devialet can do what Roon is not able to do or what is the agenda of Roon on this topic to integrate other services for choice of the users?

See post number 8 in this thread.

This is an opinion of Roon but others show that they can achieve very similar integration into their softwares that Roon might not see possible. Also this Qobuz sdk might have been updated, at least I see in Spark that it evolved since beginning of 2017 when Roon was not happy with what they could do with what Qobuz offered. Very similar the API that Roon offers is limited. It is made such that no one can add streaming services to Roon as e.g. it can be done in other media players and Roon says clearly that they do not want to offer a path for 3rd parties into their streaming channels. As such Roon extensions using the API are not really evolving. The Roon Web Controller is the max that can be done (it is great, but very limited to only show what plays and the simplest control possibilities. Absolutely no access to Roon‘s database, but Roon wants to have access to 3rd parties databases. For me this is a bit ironical.

1 Like

Hehe I’m just trying to hope it into existence. Glass half full and all that :wink:

To me this is confirmation that Qobuz is coming to Roon this year. But someone else may read between the lines differently to me.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/46611-official-qobuz-issues-thread/?do=findComment&comment=852460

2 Likes

It doesn’t really require any interpretation, does it? :wink:

Hehe well we don’t want to be making any claims until something is official. But…

Nice, throw in a great offer for us roonies and all is bon, oui, oui?

I just found this review from Feb. 2018

Interesting that they conclude that the SQ is not up to Tidal’s standards.

reviewer is obviously all pro-MQA :roll_eyes:

Not really. That’s a british Mqa fan tabloid. Just compare tidal to qobuz yourself.

I reread the review for the third time.
MQA was not mentioned even one time!

What am I missing here?

1 Like