Qobuz News and Correspondence [closed thread]

According to https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/37877-qobuz-usa-to-launch-in-2018/?do=findComment&comment=775783

US prices (lower than Europe!):

Qobuz HiFi: $19.99 per month or $199.9 per year

Qobuz Sublime+: $349.99 per year

Also check out its Q&A document and see what it says about Roon.

Very interesting. The door is still (slightly) open from their side.

Hmm. I’m not convinced by that Qobuz statement. Past experience points to a situation where Roon Labs have been knocking on a door that was kept firmly closed by Qobuz. They may be just stringing us all along, as usual…

True, this is also possible

I’ve been auditioning Qobuz over the last few weeks. I like the presentation/recommendations over Tidal’s native apps (once a few genre filters are set, it feels more like home) – but I don’t think it would much difference if it were integrated in Roon.

I dislike the API integrations (Bluesound, Audirvana), but this looks promising in the native app (quite buggy still, but hey – UPNP):

1 Like

Hello
Is there any progress in the collaboration between Roon and Qobuz. I just like Qobuz better than Roon

Joerg

If you like Qobuz better than Roon, why would you need Roon anyway?

I think he meant Tidal rather than Roon.

in that example, what’s the device you’re streaming to, a renderer, or DLNA server?

or does the Qobuz app become the DLNA server?

The Qobuz app is rather nice on PC. iOS just go another update today. And Yes, I agree the integration in my Auralic isn’t as good as the native apps.

Auralic moved away from standard DLNA on their G2 boxes and only do OpenHome now, so the playback from the native apps doesn’t work.

Server and Controller I do believe.

so what do you need as a renderer? (not really familiar with UPnP)

I use a Sonore Bridge into my Dac.
Very much like Roon, but here the Dlna protocol is used.

Any old standard DLNA Renderer would work I assume. @RBM is using a DigiOne, you can see from his attached image.

presumably not my lights, however.

4 Likes

Apparently your lights control respond to the UPNP discovery process. Which is weird, because mine don’t.

Ok, my Philips Hue lights show up as well. Each update I see, I search hoping they added OpenHome to work with the Auralic.

1 Like

Unfortunately Roon does not support UPnP Renderer mode, also many devices out there are don’t offer UPnP due to lack of gapless playback. There’s a possibility Roon can considered OpenHome based UPnP stack to develop on their app; this has cross compatibility to UPnP mode.

I think Qobuz should considered adding ‘Qobuz Connect’ similar to Spotify Connect. A code is embedded as a form of a firmware inside the device while the app will instruct the device to connect to the streaming servers. In this way, one no need to keep the app(e.g. Spotify app) on all the time. Music will still continue to playback even the app is closed. The advantage of this is device manufacture or may be Roon don’t have to spend considerable of R&D time of integrating the UI, all it needed is the proper coding on the receiver end(e.g. devices or software like Roon), while we can continue to use existing streaming service apps to control the music playback.

There’s another thing here, it seems these days not many streaming partners want to have their UI integrated into devices or software. The reason; they want their apps to be unique, proprietary and have full control at their disposal. If this the case Roon should considered this option. Having multiple service partners are very important to the survival as we are entering the age of music streaming.

From what I have read there will be soon an additional Highres streaming partner for Roon.
I look forward to that.

1 Like

http://www.classicsonline.com