Qobuz Streaming vs Downloads

Not yet another thread on that nonsense :scream::scream:

1 Like

Even worse. A thread on that nonsense that was about to close for being a year old but was resurrected :rofl:

1 Like

I was hearing a difference between Roon and Qobuz native app. It turns out it was and adapter cable (usb to usb-c) to my laptop. Not sure why it would affect one source over another but it did. Still scratching my head over that one…

Maybe one of the applications wasn’t upsampling and your adapter cable wasn’t capable of sending 24/192 or higher? Many of these differences are because the two applications are not configured in an apples-to-apples way.

1 Like

I don’t think Qobuz sounds as good as my owns rips! But that’s just me…

It may not be. One challenge is that your rip and the Qobuz track have to be the same release version - the same master - to be able to do a fair comparison. It may just be that you like the release on the CD rip better than what Qobuz has available.

2 Likes

I am always pleasantly surprised just how good a well mastered, plain old Red Book standard CD (or lossless rip thereof) can sound. Can be very nice indeed.

2 Likes

Some of my best Tidal and Qobuz links are to 16/44.1 LP’s.

Yeah the DAC said it was receiving 44/24/192 but Roon playback just sounded veiled. But as soon as that adapter was replaced, it lifted and all sources sounded equally dynamic and rich. Crazy…but because that problem was solved, I’m all in on Roon, bought a Nucleus and in streaming Qobuz and Tidal heaven