Radio paradise issues - read this first

Frankly i can’t recall how I added it. I zapped it and manually added in the flacm url and its been playing for about 15 minutes. How should I add the flacm ?

You did fine - at the moment manually added URLs added before the current Google problem are the only radio streams you can play.

Stations that involve going through those Roon servers associated with the Google issue won’t play.

Ran solid for about 8 hours strait today.

1 Like

Excellent. Perhaps RP have finally sorted things out.
Thank you very much for your monitoring; I shall pass the info on to Roon.

Brian

Still cranking along today and I noticed that the RP graphic lives again.

1 Like

I tried Flac and flacm streams and got no graphics :-/

You should get song and artist but the only graphics is from Roon matching the track to an album I’m afraid.

If you’re near a TV and have Roku, then load the Radio Paradise Roku app, put your TV on mute, and you’re GTG.

Not a graphics, just song/artist and pics that sorta go along with the selection playing.

@BrianW, thanks for the pin. :slightly_smiling_face:

All RP metadata flac streams appear to be down. I’ve checked UK, US and Japan.

I’ll keep monitoring.

RP flacm streams up again.

Not here in NL for either of the Mellow flacm streams… At least, the streams are there, but no metadata coming through in Roon (but showing in the it’roXs player extension)

B571 on ROCK.

Just VPN’d to Netherlands, and metadata is in stream (albeit sometimes “unknown”). Are you still having problems?

Unrelated but… @BrianW I’ve taken the liberty to modify RP’s logos in Roon for Mellow, ROck and World-Etc, I found it confusing to have the same logo for all 4 RP channels.
If someone dislike it I can revert the change of course.

1 Like

Not here. It’s going to stay. Thank you Rémi.

1 Like

The “standard” RP metadata FLAC streams are of the form
radioparadise.com/mellow-flacm
and so on.

When the metatdata FLAC streams first appeared in RP there were some issues which caused us to add the re-directed forms

radioparadise.com:8022/s/mellow-flacm
and similar.

Both forms were in the list of streams for the RP stations, but there is a bug where if the first form is selected, Roon currently actually plays
radioparadise.com/mellow-flac
i.e not the metadata stream.

Until this bug is fixed, we have removed those streams of the first form. Please use the 8022/s type instead which work fine.

Nevermind, I added it manually but Roon somehow picked the non metadata stream to play. All is good now.

RP have changed their server and so the streams Roon was using for metadata no longer work. However the “standard” stream is now OK for Roon and so I have reverted the metadata streams to that
radioparadise.com/mellow-flacm etc

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Radio Paradise dropping

This topic was automatically closed after 18 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.