Remote iTunes integration

Or MP3 or m4a. That’s why I said “Export files that exist on RoonServer in FLAC into iTunes library on my laptop in lossy format.” Right now, exporting into iTunes in an unplayable format is useless. I’m coming from the Sooloos world, where this is baked in and works flawlessly. If Roon is to replace that, it needs this feature.

Perhaps. But the license says “one PC or Mac managing your music library (at a time).” If I add the local files on my laptop to my library, then only one Mac would be managing my library at one time if I’m away from the main server. In any event, the fact that an instance of Roon on a machine doesn’t function at all unless it is pointed at actual files is a significant oversight. Roon is the best client for Tidal that exists. A smart user would make every album that he owns as files a favorite in Tidal as well. These would be hidden when in Roon but become visible when the main server with its files is unavailable. Then you could put a remote instance of Roon on a laptop, use it to control your home system and still have access to most of your music when on the road. Theoretically, your playlists and metadata grooming would still be there.