Folder Browsing [Never happening] 2019-10

Yes, looking at your example, I search on “Debussy L 100 Estampes” and I get, under compositions, nearly 150 performances. Then I just use the filter and choose the performance I want by typing in “gulda” for example, or, hit the back arrow and type in “Weissenberg” and it pulls up all the recorded performances by “Wessenberg”.

However, if you want to do it by tags there are a couple of methods. Most basic is creating a set of nested tags, you create a tag called “L100 Estampes” to which you apply it to the albums or tracks in questions. Then you create a Tag call Solo to which you add the “L100 Estampes” tag, then you create a Tag called “Piano” to which you add the “Solo” Tag. After that you could then you create a “L99 D’un cahier d’esquisses” tag, add the albums or tracks and then add that to the existing Solo Tag.

Now when you click on the Solo Tag you get something like this:

Tags can have more than just albums or tracks. For example, you can Tag a composition, and when clicked will bring you to a composition page with all your library performances and then also all those not in your library but on the streaming services. Like below, notice that the image states Composition not an album or track.

Personally, I would go this route. As in just a couple of clicks you can get to the composition and all the performances; with the lowest amount of setup.

And Tags can be applied to Artists, Genres and Playlists. You can even have different types of content under the same tag.

4 Likes