Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

1 Like

Then it has none, try with other artist

Yes, it will only show what’s available, and in this case the only thing available is the album art.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Wow. This is an artist’s picture. Great update. Many thanks for that thumbs-up

6 Likes

Great drummer too. A very tasteful player.

3 Likes

Definitely liking this update, thanks :sunglasses:

Gosh, I hope it’s not symmetrical. I thought one side was the left channel, and the other the right channel?

Installed the update on my Roon Server. Do we need to wait a few days for the updates on the iOS clients? (I’m not seeing the updated now playing screen)

Well, I can still tell you one thing about build 401:

If I open my laptop in another room and it connects to the WiFi, whatever’s currently playing on my Chromecast will still just stop. So they haven’t fixed that bug.

Wasn’t getting the update on IPad. I deleted the app and downloaded it it again and it did the trick

1 Like

You need to check the App Store – we released the other platforms, and got App Store approval shortly after, so it should be there.

Just note that Apple sometimes rolls this stuff out one territory at a time, so if you don’t see it you may need to check back in an hour or two.

@mike

Great release!!! I suspect those that already like the 1.6 release are even happier now. This release should make a lot of people that weren’t happy more happy. Some people you can never please…

Thanks!!

3 Likes

Overall a very impressive update. Congratulations to Roon team @mike for taking onboard feedback and producing an update so quickly.

So far there’s only one thing I don’t like - the move to the top right for selecting options on the ‘now playing’ screen. It felt much more intuitive when it was in the centre (as in previous version). Wondering what the rationale was behind the change?

Probably had to do with the artist image cropping issue and moving things around to support a greater variety of aspect ratios without having those icons be in the way. Either way once you get used to it, probably work fine.

A great update!

Smooth, fast responsive, better UX, probably a hard decision considering Qobuz purchase but very fine for me. Thanks for taking time to listen to users feedback.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Cannot add Artist Picture on iPad

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Now Playing Screen Clicking on Album/Artist link takes either ages or does not work at all

Updated Android app just showed up here. Works great so far.

Very minor request. Not sure if this has been asked before but can the dynamic lyrics transition be made more smooth? As it is, the lyrics “jump” from line to line.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: DSP Options Missing on iPhone X (Build 401)