The primary purpose of this build is to make sure that this group has access to some last-minute changes which were recently released to the
production branch. This update mainly focuses on resolving regressions in Android Auto and CarPlay functionalities, ensuring a smoother experience for all users.
In addition, we’ve made a series of improvements to localized metadata functionality and continue to iterate toward release. For Windows users running the .NET6 framework, we’ve addressed the issue with automated updates but you will need to perform one last manual update to get the new code. After that automatic updates should return to their normal state.
Note: The firewall exception issue for the latest Windows builds running .NET6 is still being addressed.
Thank you for your continued support,
The Team at Roon Labs
|Roon / RoonServer||2.0 (build 1246) earlyaccess|
|Roon Remote (Android / iOS)||2.0 (build 1246) earlyaccess|
|Roon ARC||1.0 (build 171) earlyaccess|
- Fixed Roon crash issue after searching for a specific item like “Aerials”
- Resolved localized artists filtering issue in the Artists browser with Cyrillic letters and diacritic marks.
- Addressed inability to launch Roon and RoonServer Windows .NET6 clients after an update
- Fixed “Open PDF” functionality for local files on Windows.
- Resolved broken drag-and-drop functionality on Windows clients running .NET6.
- Fixed missing localization of “Various Artists” and similar phrases when using Core-Remote setup.
- Localized Genres names in Focus on Album details page
- Localized artist names for Now Playing widget on phones.
- Improved localization of Forms in Roon app.
- Fixed missing genre, credit role, and form localizations in Roon ARC when the core is on Linux.
- Addressed untranslated genres and periods in Focus drawer on Artists and Composers browsers.
- Investigated localized genres sorting inconsistency in Roon vs Roon Remote on mobile.
- Fixed inconsistent last-first name sorting in the Albums browser.
- Localized credit roles on Now Playing and Album Editor screens.
- Investigated and fixed Android Auto-related regression causing an inability to start playback
- Localized genres on Roon Playlist details page.
- Resolved an issue where oneboxes on the Album details page weren’t using localized Genre names
- Resolved homepage loading issue in ARC CarPlay/Android due to incorrect Daily Mixes data.
- Fixed header image and title loading issue on mix details page.
Cores, remotes, and ARC installations already running
earlyaccess should update automatically. If you need to reinstall, the latest
earlyaccess builds can always be found at the following links.
|Linux: †||Easy Installer||Full Package|
|Nucleus / ROCK:||See Help Center|
|Android APKs:||Roon Remote||Roon ARC|
† Information on loading Roon on Linux can be found here. Please use the files linked here in place of those from the help center article when loading