Roon 2 core on older mac mini with open core?

You can open a big can of worms here. Some people struggle just to open ports on a router. But, should you wish to learn, it does become a great little hobby.

You have a couple of options. Before we used to use DosDude and he created a ‘all in one’ patch that was easy to setup and all the ‘patching’ was already included so one only had to install the OS to be up and running. I haven’t checked lately so I’m not sure if he still supports the newest OS.

Open core legacy is just as easy as long as you follow the guides to a ‘T’.

Once you start learning this you may find yourself in the ‘Hackingtosh’ world. I’ve built a couple of Window (Hackingtosh) machines at a 3rd of the price of Apple all runinng the latest OS. Although I find recent old Dell machines to be the best bang for buck in this case.

OCLP is the best way to breath some life into old hardware. But, remember updates can break installs, and from time to time you will need to tinker and test before doing any sort of upgrade.

Thankfully there are LOADS of tutorials on YouTube any one of which you can follow from start to finish.