Roon and Classical music

Thanks, @Mark_Hellkamp !

I have just taken out a subscription to Primephonic, having read all the reviews that say it’s richer for classical than Tidal and certainly Qobuz… but am happy to revisit.

Can CDs/albums/digital collections be displayed with easy-to-read indentation in Roon?

Can Roon really tidy up the metadata to improve on MusicBrainz, and change such things tagging (for an album - but it appears in every track) as:

Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy: String Quartets in E flat major (Op. 12), in A minor (Op. 13) & in E flat major (1823)

into:

String quartet in E♭Major (Opus 12), String quartet in A minor (Opus 13) String quartet in E♭Major (1823)

for instance?

If I have to ‘correct’ ( :slight_smile: ) all the metatags myself, I’ll live with it. But if Roon does a better job than, say, Audirvana, then that really would be an incentive to get Roon.

I’m less interested in the macro (links, cross-referencing, suggestions) than the micro (display, accurate metadata etc). Does that make sense?

I can’t download and try the Roon app without starting the 14-day trial, I don’t think, can I? At which point the clock starts ticking.

Thanks again, Mark!