Roon Android Apps (ARC / Regular) - USB DAC detection and Re-Sampling

After CarPlay
(HA! sorry, just trolling but it was too easy)

I do think this feature should be higher on the priority over CarPlay. Roon’s target audience is a user base, more than most, who understand “bit perfect”. Android has made this a pain but it’s not insurmountable and can even be turned on / off in settings for devices where it doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Looking forward to this upgrade also. I have a Fiio Q3 MQA and it doesnt work with Roon Arc on the moment. It will pass trough the sound, but that’s about it. Luckily i also have an Iphone 13 for work and it works great with that. Love the update though!

I obviously want that too. Combining the fact that there will be no desktop ARC as well, if I want bit perfect playback at work I have to use a 2nd core.

What about this idea? Roon ARC working with UAPP?

Just posting to show support for the feature. I apreciate arc even without it just for my playlists, but it would significantly increase my use of the app if we had it. Tyvm flr the hard work

1 Like

If you are interested in this topic please vote here:

Hi-Res on Android? UAPP integration? - Roon Software / Feature Suggestions - Roon Labs Community

The blue vote button is on the very top of the page:

Yes I can confirm your observation for Android 12 on my Samsung Galaxy S20 5G:
USB Audio Player Pro and Neutron Music Player both recognize my DAC and offer a “UI popup” to to use it…

1 Like

Fully agree with your proposal!

The good thing about doing a dedicated USB driver for USB DAC in android OS is it can passed native DSD without having to use DoP in iOS. This is plus benefit. Similar in UAPP. Looking forward for this implemention soon.:relaxed:

I agree with GoldenSound, I’m a disappointed too. I have bought a USB DAC to use with ROON ARC and I noticed everything was resampled to 48 kHz… :frowning_face: Thank you to Prashant_Sistla for his post, because without this, I could have spent many hours trying to fix a problem due to ROON ARC limits, and that cannot be solved at the moment. And thank you to GoldenSound because I did not know USB Audio Player Pro, nice to use it with Qobuz streaming or DSD files.
I hope ROON will react quickly!
Best regards,
Sylvain

4 Likes

Hi, i still use a LG V60 because of the headphone jack AND its internal 24/96 DAC. But, I also use several usb-dacs like AQ cobalt, Cayin R2R and ibasso Dc4. So, it really is a must to have ARC recognise usb-dacs like USB audio player does. Roon stands foor high quality sound in the living room, and i am a great fan of it and use it daily. So please, fix this asap.

But you don’t use your phone in the living room, do you? Also, 44.1kHz and 48kHz are not exactly low quality.

Hey Brian, could you please tell us, where is this feature located on the dev roadmap? Q1 or Q2 2023? Slight off topic, is there a plan to push the listening statistics to arc interface.And a question to that, if I play music via arc I guess the stats get accumulated in the core, right? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Check out the latest early access version. It answers your question.

Thanks but I prefer to stay on the prod release channel. Not an early adopter.
So the feature request it’s going out q4 2022 ? If so, that’s very sweet :slight_smile:

Depends on how stable it is I guess.

Hello, Roon Team worked quickly! With ARC 1.05 (30th of November 2022) USB DAC FiiO KA3 works with Roon Beta USB driver. The only problem I noticed at the moment are noises coming from the speaker of the phone just before music starts and when you stop playing. But everything is played losslessly, .dsf files and PCM files. Congratulations!

3 Likes

What is the firmware version of your ka3? You can check that from fiio control app

I tested it with my Helm Bolt and seems to work well. Played a few hi res tracks and dsd tracks without any issues. Have not spent a lot of time with it to check for bugs but so far so good :slight_smile:

Hello, V 2.01.00
best regards,
Sylvain