Roon core decode 16 bit MQA to what?

Unfortunately, you and Chris are not equipped to vet MQA’s technical claims.

But you think that concerns about MQA’s intention to dominate digital music distribution are “silly”?

AJ

You have no idea what my technical credentials are. Also, please refrain from making post about individuals as opposed to the topic at hand.

1 Like

Not all opinions are equal or worthy of consideration, Jim. Knowledge and expertise matter. Otherwise, we end up in an excessively democratic world of alternative facts.

AJ

2 Likes

I judge MQA on the merits of how it sounds to my ears on my systems streaming from Tidal. I like it. The anti-MQA rhetoric is meaningless to me.

1 Like

Currawong means that digitally sampled music does not consist of Dirac impulses. A Dirac impulse is not bandwidth limited – it is infinite bandwidth, hence an illegal signal in a bandwidth limited digital audio system. Using Dirac impulses to map filter responses is educational, but that does not represent how those filters interact with actual bandwidth limited real world music content.

As for ears being sensitive to ultrasonic pre ringing, that is the MQA philosophy but an unproven claim.

AJ

1 Like

When it comes to format, I have no principles. CDs, beaten up vinyl, hissy tape, mp3, hirez, MQA, sheet music. I just want the music—I’m no audiophile. That said, I prefer quality like lossless 16/44.1 and mint vinyl albums. But I can’t always choose.

1 Like

Some may find this interesting

https://audioxpress.com/files/attachment/2592

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.