Roon cutting off end of tracks with HQPlayer

So this is what I am using FFT,RPDF, PCM 2x upsampling.
Symptoms unchanged. Roon does not show any progress on playbar. The play/pause icon is correct, the progress bar never moves while the song is playing. I fully expect the 2nd symptom to occur as well, which is, playback stops after 2 songs, radio selected or unselected has no effect.

Which version of HQPlayer do you have? Are there any errors shown when playback stops? HQPlayer license is valid?

What about the issues you and @brian went back and forth on previously in this thread? Have you two worked together on resolving these issues?

1 Like

4.12.2 registered and working fine without Roon, no issues when I use hqpdcontrol as remote other than it’s limitations. There are no errors when playback stops, there are songs in the queue but Roon has lost track of playback. When the second song plays, the playbar still shows the first song and no progress, when the song ends playback just stops

Still discussing… There’s no easy fix here. There’s an architectural problem with the integration that causes this problem with some extremely long filters. We are looking into long-term solutions.

When this integration was created many years ago, these problems existed but were not noticeable. HQ Player has continued to improve and push the boundaries of what is possible. This integration requires modernization to keep up.

3 Likes

I’m just glad too hear that Roon folks think that HQPlayer is important enough to warrant conversations with @jussi_laako on modernizing the integration!! I just hope those discussions lead to actual improvements!!!

4 Likes

@danny @brian
Roon has an option to pre-roll a few seconds of silence which is supposed to help certain players/DAC enough time to adjust to format changes. It’s called “re-sync delay”.
Would a post-roll solve the issue with HQPlayer?
I mean the problem is that whenever a format is changed, the end of the current playing track is cut off, so if Roon is set to add a post-roll of silence wouldn’t the cut go unnoticed as it is done over a silent patch?

Obviously this is not a real solution but at least it is an enabler for smooth listening.

1 Like

I, too, am having problems. I have HQplayer embedded on an Aqua Linq attached to a Roon Nucleus. I have noticed that the progress bar is behind the progress of the music. That is okay. However, it sometimes skips the end of the tracks and when playing an album last night got the tracks scrambled. There was also one small missing bit in the middle of a track. I gather from this thread that this might be an integration problem. I don’t think I have any access to a setting that would help. The sound is great, but any help appreciated.

I wonder what version of HQPlayer you have in the LinQ?

I’m not sure. The module is brand new so I think it would be the most recent? Last night was exceptional and I got frustrated, but 99% of the time it plays perfectly.

Check out /about page of the HQPlayer web interface what it says about the version.

I haven’t done that before but managed. It says HQplayer 4 embedded.

Page looks like this:

Here on my laptop version is 4.25.2. How does it look like on your LinQ?

I looked on your site and there is a number for most recent numbered version, but I can’t see that.

I am not doing well at sending the file. First it wouldn’t take tiff. Now it isn’t actually sending file?
Seems to have worked
Page is longer

OK, that is /config page, at the bottom you have link to “About” page… Or you can just change the path in browser URL field from /config to /about

Version

Is the version the problem? I have the impression I can’t change it directly over the web and that it is a firmware update? If it is, I can’t do anything for some time. I don’t have sufficient internet speed for what the other side requires, and I can’t access better because the nearest place is in lockdown (Covid).

It could be, I did quite a bit of streaming rework since then. So I would recommend to check with Aqua for software update first. Since there are so many releases in between with a lot of fixes and improvements, it is hard to troubleshoot version dating back to end of January.

I am not streaming but playing downloaded albums. But perhaps it is the same thing to the LinQ. I will check it out since it should be up to date. Thank you!!

Roon → HQPlayer playback is always streaming between the two.