Roon evangelism - redeemed by RAAT alone?

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, a major part of why I like Roon are the posts in the forum from the Roon folks, where they take the time to explain some of the technology, and why certain choices have been made. It gives me a warm feeling over the quality of the software and their capability of delivering a superior experience.

It makes a real difference when you have folks who are passionate about an experience, and clearly have the technical capability to deliver on it.

I contrast what I see in Roon (for music) with what I see from Microsoft for photography. There was a time, back in 2006-2010, where there were clearly passionate photographers on the team developing Microsoft’s photo application (Windows Photo Gallery). They had a vision for what was needed, and were active in developing cross-industry standards for photo metadata. What they developed was pretty good for that time. Unfortunately, they all moved on, and what we have now from Microsoft, as evinced by their appalling Photos app, is worthy of a facepalm.

6 Likes