Roon Extension Manager v0.11.9 [Obsolete]

Is this location available as a Samba share over the network?
If it is, you supply the location in the Share field like this:

//<ip address>/<path>

After that you can provide the User Name. The Password has to be provided when you are about to push.

I didn’t know something like this exists, guess only an Apple designer can come up with it :wink:

I could not get the auto eject working, I will look into it once more.

I have a fix for the auto eject issue, to be included in the upcoming release.

Thanks for the feedback!

Awesome sauce! Thanks for the implementation!

Was also wondering if it is on the roadmap for upcoming updates to let the user modify the format as to which the folder and file names are created.

There is no roadmap defined, it has to evolve from requests like yours. Format configuration is available under the hood but the question will be how it will fit in the extension setup dialog.

Is there any specific format that you have in mind?

Well the usual Artist - Albumname, but I also add the quality of music and an indicator to show wether I ripped the music from cd or if I downloaded the album. So for self ripped albums the folder name would be in the folowing format: “Artist - Albumname [44-16🎵]”. And file format would be “songnumber - artistname - songname”.

@Jan_Koudijs is there a possibility for me to modify a file in order to alter the naming format? Or would this be too complicated and subjective to change once a new update is pushed?

The naming format is stored in the whipper.conf file which in turn is stored in the whipper volume. If you really want to tinker with this, it can be done by editing the file directly. Stop the CD Ripper extension, open a console on your Raspberry Pi and edit the file with a command like this:

sudo nano `docker volume inspect --format '{{ .Mountpoint }}' whipper`/whipper.conf

What you are interested in are the track_template and disk_template. The possible options are described in the help of the whipper cd rip command:

Tracks are named according to the track template, filling in the variables
and adding the file extension.  Variables exclusive to the track template are:
 - %t: track number
 - %a: track artist
 - %n: track title
 - %s: track sort name

Disc files (.cue, .log, .m3u) are named according to the disc template,
filling in the variables and adding the file extension. Variables for both
disc and track template are:
 - %A: album artist
 - %S: album sort name
 - %d: disc title
 - %y: release year
 - %r: release type, lowercase
 - %R: Release type, normal case
 - %x: audio extension, lowercase
 - %X: audio extension, uppercase

These edits will survive an update of the extension.

Awesome @Jan_Koudijs, many thanks for this tutorial. I will start experimenting with this as soon as I can.

Unfortunately I am getting this permission error message after I enter the command you specified:

Afterwards I get a blank page I can edit using the nano editor.

Any ideas?

If you normally run docker with sudo then you have to do this now as well, meaning that you have to add it between the first back-tick and docker:

... `sudo docker ...

Awesome! Worked! I have no real knowledge of linux systems. It just know how to get my way around with detailed tutorials. Your help is tremendously appreciated!

Have fun with it!

@Jan_Koudijs I have an issue ripping with the desired album name.

I have edited the templates in whipper.conf as follows:

[whipper.cd.rip]
track_template = %%A - %%d [44-16♫]/%%t - %%a - %%n
disc_template = %%A - %%d [44-16♫]/%%A - %%d

When I give the order to start ripping it gets stuck in: “Status: CD ripping in preparation…” It simply won’t start ripping.

As soon as I remove the “♫” character in the whipper.conf file it will immediately start ripping. So the reason it gets stuck seems obvious. My question; is there a way I can fix this and let the cd-ripper successfully create a folder name with the “♫” character in it? This would be much appreciated as my music library consists of “♫” and “♪” indicators in their directory names :slight_smile: .

Decided to give up on this project because of the weird bugs arising when modifying the template in the whipper.conf file. As long as it remains untouched the ripper will produce Flac and log files in the default directory template. As soon as you start modifying this template the ripper will create the desired folders but simply won’t push Flac and log files to the folder.

@Jan_Koudijs thanks for your time helping me out. Oh and unfortunately the auto eject doesn’t seem to work with my apple superdrive. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is this also the case if you don’t use one of the special unicode characters in the template?

Unfortunately it is. You have created artist/album/songs structure. If I alter this to artist - album/songs (using the same tags no special characters) it only creates the folder with inside a folder named artist - album.cue, but no flac And log files are being placed in these folders.

How can I add extensions that aren’t listed in the extension manager? Danny has just made an extension for Devialet Phantom and I don’t know where to save it so the extension manager recognises it.

That depends a bit on the platform you run the Extension Manager on.

I will check if I can add it to the Repository. Problem is that GitHub is having issues at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it! I’m running Windows 10 Pro.

Sorry for being a bit impatient. Have you managed to add the extension to the repository or is there a how to which shows the steps for manually installing the extension on Win 10?