Roon HW Requirements

You don’t necessarily need the codecs. It depends on the format of your music files, e.g. WAV and FLAC are good to go without any further codecs.

That was my thought as well (required codecs). I did refresh my screen and got the same reply.

Which tar archive did you download and decompress? I think it should be the i686 release…

Edit: no - I’m wrong, that’s a 32bit release - you need the amd64 release.

It is directly linked from here: https://kb.roonlabs.com/Roon_OS_Missing_Codecs

Hi @David_Weinberg,

Did you make sure to extract the archive using 7Zip before placing the file in your Codecs folder? I have seen some issue before if you use other applications other than 7Zip to extract the file so I would give that a try.

– Noris

I wanted to let everyone know that all is good. After spending some time I realized that the Web UI was not the way to launch Roon, but rather starting it on another computer. Once I realized that, I opened Roon on my Mac (where my old Core is located) and created a new Core on the NUC. After doing that and linking Roon with my NAS-based music library, all went well.

I also had a ton of help from Intel on the correcting the Bios and general support helping me navigate Roon.

However, I have a question about my existing NUC (5CPYH) and the more recent NUCs supported by Roon. What am I losing, if anything, by running old hardware? Everything appears to run well, so I’m not certain what I gain by swapping out the hardware (unless, in fact, I am missing something now). My use at this point is still pretty basic, but it may change as I learn more, or if I convince my family to begin using Roon. Will that have a downstream impact?

One other observation- when I enter the Web UI, everything reports “OK”. The “Roon Database & Settngs” shows 97% of 107GB available. Perhaps that is due to my hardware, but I’m not certain.

Absolutely nothing.

You’re good to go.

Have fun.

I am, thanks. :)