Roon Lifetime Pricing

Hi,

I started using Roon in May , 2019 as my first real audiophile software , and I have been nothing but impressed with the results and the software.

I recently found out the lifetime subscription has been raised to 699 $ instead of 499 $ when I signed up. Not only was I not notified , I read a lengthy post written by one of the Roon staff that justified the price hike , and the lack of notification given to people.

As someone who is about to embark on an expensive masters course abroad , I will be living a life of relative austerity , and 200 extra $ on a subscription is a lot , considering that money could go into buying music , or well , better Hi-Fi equipment that could work better with Roon.

I understand the price hike as I understand start-up culture and capitalism and cash flow needed to keep things running . But a 40 % increase in the price without prior notification is a lot to take.

I just lost a bit of the immense respect for Roon and it’s decision makers.
And to the post defending the price increase, 10 $ a month is a lot of money in a country like India.
Hopefully , at some point , the customers do figure into this discussion . If not , it’s Roon’s loss eventually.

It would be great if you could sort this doubt out for me , now instead of 4 annual installments , I pay 6 annual installments to get the lifetime membership? Or do I keep paying 119 $ for the rest of my life?