Roon lost control of the Audio device - HQP Desktop

Check that you are not using Windows Defender anti-virus. Instead something better. If the anti-virus inserts itself as a proxy on the Roon → HQPlayer stream, trying to gather and scan the entire “file”, it will eventually choke doing that. Sometimes anti-virus can be stupid and doesn’t understand it is “endless” stream.

For example F-Secure should work fine. I believe they have a free trial, so you can test for free.

Also check that your internal network is marked as “internal” in Windows networking settings. Windows is very annoying sometimes and changes the connection type to “public” by itself.

1 Like

Sometimes… understatement of the century.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately even after taking your advice it seems the problem persist.

The network type has been set to “internal” all along, so that could not have been an issue. Windows Defender was however active, so the rule out the issue you described I switched to another anti-virus, and for good measure disabled Windows Firewall for internal networks as well. I also took the advice of a poster higher up in this thread and increased the delay in the Roon settings for the HQPlayer audio output to 500ms, just in case that might help. So far nothing has worked.

After checking the logs it still crashes with a read timeout 2 just as in the excerpt shared in my initial post. Would you have any other idea what could possibly cause this?

What is the content source in this case? It is also possible that Roon is not getting data fast enough in which causes such issue to propagate to the link between Roon and HQPlayer.

Or some possible network issue between Roon and HQPlayer. What kind of network infrastructure / setup is there?