Roon prefers Tidal to local library

I understood that. I don’t use radio much, so I couldn’t say if it’s different for me. But this page is the best official summary I know regarding what it chooses automatically, and it does say this:

For tracks and albums in your library, these streaming preferences will not be considered – you’ll simply get the Primary Version from your library.

This reads as if it might be expected to prioritize those. Maybe I misunderstand what is trying to say

Interesting, b/c it’s clearly not doing that - I get nothing form my library…

I don’t use radio much either, I was actually giving it a go when I ran into this.

Radio is pretty good though - it seems to stay in the right ballpark…

Thanks for the help.

There are lots of complaints about radio for falling into a repeat loop of always the same things over time, at least for some people. But when I do use it, I usually find it spot-on as well, and the one time I tried it over ten hours or so, it kept up the quality. That was recently, maybe things are improving behind the scenes

I would prefer that if roon radio is going to play a track it should check to see if it is already in my library and play that version first. I would much rather “like” the version in my library than Qobuz.

2 Likes

Yeah, especially because you can’t like the Qobuz version if that one isn’t in your library yet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Which means lots more clicks to find the local version and like the song. Takes away from the roon radio experience and should be an easy fix.

2 Likes