Roon Rediscoveries: Tell us about yours and be featured in our TIDAL & Qobuz playlists!

Go ahead, I don’t mind if you use my username as part of the blog post. And I am glad you are enjoying Uchida’s interpretation of Mozart!

2 Likes

Jack Teagarden - Who still remembers? Who will rediscover this music?

Once great and now forgotten? Far too soon, the great jazz singer and blues trombonist Jack Teagarden died in 1964 at the age of 58. Pneumonia ended the life of the jazz musician who is in my music collection perhaps only because of his blues influences and produced some music that is now designated Rare.

The double talent now brings me a little closer to jazz. There I am still a child in knowledge and understanding. He already played the trombone great in the 20’s, when my father was just three years old. I read in a leading German newspaper that bandleaders like Glenn Miller and Tommy Dorsey were reluctant to play with him because they feared being overshadowed by him.

Life and work

Georgia in my Mind is already a song that hardly anyone overlooks and that’s how I came across Jack Teagarden with the help of Roon.

It wasn’t even a rediscovery, it’s the first exposure to his music. Roon skillfully makes these connections visible. If we are completely honest with ourselves, we notice that we always like more than we can actually listen to in our lifetime. Here my collection is still very small, but the further suggestions are great.

The possession of many music collectors sometimes exceeds the ability and time to also enjoy everything. Qobuz helps friends of classical music and jazz to go further and deeper into artistic creation and everything is just a click away. We tend to always look for new and further things.

Does the good old fall behind? I don’t think so, because in the end it is again the music lovers gathered here in large numbers who support each other in rediscovering many things.

The singing style was described as “lazy drawl” and Bob Dylan said: “A man with a voice as comfortable as an old pair of shoes”.

We find great collaborations in the Best of:

And solo works like Stars Fell on Alabama

2 Likes

Sometimes the decision is hard, is it the Germany corner, the community of classical music lovers or rediscovering…

Here I may add that my former boss had a relative.

It was exactly this music professor who was so fantastically involved in the music world.

It goes without saying that the first CDs as a gift were already in my hands in the 80s and were lovingly led to the ears with old technology. A beautiful memory that Roon presents me here.